Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bush Fires

Today it is very hazy. We can not see the mountains. Smoke smell is very strong. There are a lot of fires burning out in the bush. We are so glad that it is not windy like Oklahoma.

I have learned that you can get along without a Washer & Dryer, Microwave, Crock Pot, Toaster oven, coffee pot and TV but you can not be with out a hot pot. Everyone drinks instant coffee or tea. I have been averaging about 4to 6 cups of tea a day. Will still drinks coffee. Instant Nescafe is good and Rooibos Tea is great with sugar & cream. We use brown sugar here which is not at all like Brown sugar in the states. To my family that knows how I like to do laundry, well that may change. I am doing a lot by hand in the kitchen sink. We can use the neighbors maid to do the heavier things.

We know that school is about to start for many of you and we are praying for you, teachers and students.

The work at the construction site (Nurses house) is coming along very well. our team was able to see it almost under roof when they left. Nurse Loaf hopes to be able to move in about 2 weeks. Then he will be able to bring his wife and 2 children here to live. They are now living in Zimbabwe. He is so excited as he has been living in the Clinic for almost 3 years.

Pray for rain.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Boy Karis, I don't know if I could get along without all those things and do laundry by hand. . . .? Not good. I would be the crankiest woman ever. I know Aaron would say "uhhh Ruth. . ." :D

I will add Swaziland, Africa to my list of needs rain. We've had some good rain here and beautiful clouds. The kids and I will go out side and try to blow them to you.

Take care! Love you guys.
Ruth
I used to drink Nescafe as a kid. Man, that's like. . . .it'd be a long 6 months! :)