Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank God for Rain & Bugs

We are to 'give thanks in all circumstances'. I Thess. 5:18 Sometimes we find it hard to give thanks for all things. The rainy season is here and we now have an over abundance of BUGS. Big ones, little ones and all sizes in between. They also come in a lot of colors. I showed Will a very pretty green one this morning. The color was pretty but not the bug.

This afternoon we had a bad storm. No damage except the loss of electricity, which happens a lot even without storms. It was a big thunder storm and oh, so much rain. This storm came up fast and then moved on just as fast. Even with the rain we have been having still many places seem dry.

We do want to take time to say thanks to God for the rain he is providing and I guess I can put up with the bugs to have the rain. Each morning we have to sweep up the bugs as they seem to come in the house in the evening, fly around, bother us and then they are all dead on the floor in the morning.

Life in Swaziland. The bugs will not hinder the work of the Lord. His work is still being accomplished.

We love you all and thank God for you as well as for the rain and (ugh!) the bugs.

1 comment:

mel said...

I'm curious as to why the bugs are all dead in the morning. That's interesting. I applaud your attitude regarding the little varments. I will think of you each time I see a cockroach here....or as they call them in the south, waterbugs. (I say they can call them whatever cutesy name they would like, a roach is still a roach.) That took a little bit to get used here, but I imagine we all adjust to our situations. I will try to adopt your positive attitude regarding bugs. I know all of God's creatures serve a purpose, whether I enjoy their company or not. =D I am so happy for your increase in rainfall. PTL for the rain!