Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mishap

It is fun getting older...but today I can sit at the computer and not be in pain. On January 17 we received a phone call from our son...(Aaron you probably need to know the facts, BUT do not stop calling us.) I, Karis was already asleep and when I awoke to go to the phone in the Living room, I missed the chair and landed on the floor on my left hip. I had the phone receiver in my hand so continued to talk and pray (that the conversation didn't last to long) Will had to help me up but I knew nothing was broken just a bruised hip and my pride. As my family will say I can be stubborn. Will wanted to take me to see the Doctor but I said NO. After a day of taking care of my hip and my pride we continued on about our work and made some trips in the car to Sitsatsaweni, Mbabane, & Piggs Peak. The last trip which was Monday was not good. I could not get comfortable in the car so I was very tense and over working the muscles that had already been damaged. Later that evening I began to have muscle spasms in my left side near the waist line. These began to make it hard to move and almost unable to walk when the cramp was in progress. Lying down there was no pain whatsoever. By Tuesday morning I knew Will was right, (as he usually is) I needed to see a Doctor. What a Blessing to live next door to the Chief of Medical Staff at RFM. He came to check me out and then made arrangements to have x-Rays and see a surgeon who also lives in the flat behind us. God has us well covered here as far as the Medical Staff. No broken bones just bruises and muscle spasms.

I have had 2 -- 1 hour Physical Therapy sessions and am feeling a whole lot better already. God is the great Physican but I also Praise Him for giving us the Medical Doctors to help with the healing process.

Oh to know I am getting older and have to watch so I don't fall. Fun, fun, fun. But anyway as I think of this day I really know how old I am getting. Happy "40" Birthday Cindy. There was an ice storm the day you were born. Today we are having a beautiful gentle rain. I'll take the rain over ice anyday. Love you. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are having a huge ice and snow storm on this lovely 28th day of January 40 years later! I guess it's remembering the day. I won't be going out on the highway though, so I can avoid the semis! Love you two and get better mom!